In the present highly competitive global economic arena, most companies manufacture without taking of the note of environmental concerns. This has led to creation of different ISO certification, including R2 Certification. This certification is given to those organizations which have the capacity to turn e-waste into something useful.
R2 Certification is referred to as Responsible Recycling (“R2”) certification for Use in Accredited Certification Programs for Electronics Recyclers. This is company level certification based on R2 standards which requires the certified companies to have a policy on managing, reuse and recycling of end-of-life electronics equipment, components and materials.
The Importance of R2 Certification
The certification is given to those who accomplish different stages of recycling, that means you’re mastered the art of implementing the proper ways and different techniques of recycling. As a leading R2 certified company in Hyderabad, Virogreen is successful in implementing different R2 certification strategies and techniques, paving the way for increase in profit and subsequently reducing administration costs.
R2 Certification Standards
The following are the key practice points of the R2 standard:
- Implementing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System
- Conducting EHS risk assessment
- Formulate a strategy for the Reuse, Recover and Dispose policy
- Identification of relevant legal compliance
- Identification of the reusable materials
- Identification of focus materials like Poly chlorinated Biphenyl and Poly Brominated Di-phenyl Ether
- Implementing of a tracking system
- Demonstration of Data Destruction system
- Ensuring a Storage system
- Making sure a Secured Facility
- Transport system
- Insurance, Closure plan and Financial Responsibility